Sunday 10 March 2013

"You don't want to see me in Lycra"

So this week I have been back on it (training wise) and seem to be doing better than expected. However I am still disappointed to not have magically dropped all the extra pounds gained in a mere week. Currently I am having a bit of an Alan Partridge problem.... worried about my weight, "carefully concealed in baggy clothing but you do not want to see me in lycra".
Bad times, especially as lycra is the go to must for runners. Goodness only knows how people run in full on sweat pants and hoodies... mental!
Despite all this today I managed to swim this morning and ruin  this afternoon - the weather outside was very cold and snow kept trying to fall so I wussed out and hit the gym for some treadmill running. So with my ipod blaring I knocked out just over 5 hilly miles and watched the swimmers.
I also was given a shocking reminder of how much Matilda (cat) loves my swimming costume post swim as I found her rolling around with in in the kitchen, I must remember to hang to dry out of reach!

No comments:

Post a Comment