Monday 25 February 2013

India - Chimney Hill Reps

So I have been good, I listened to the doctors advice and I have waited 6 weeks without running... it has been torture to me, I have hated every minute of it and my gradually increasing waistline has not helped matters.
But there is finally a light at the end of the tunnel, today I got on my running kit and went out running - now being on holiday and in India this is no easy feat. It is not the done thing to be out and about in lycra and in the 10 days I have been here so far I have spotted only 4 local runners and one runner, clearly tourist based on his attire.
The local runners seemed to me to be dressed rather inappropriately for the weather with long nylon pants, heavy dusty trainers and long sleeves shirts or jumpers.
I opted to stay local as there area where I am staying is quite safe and away from the main roads, the hill on which my friend lives is quite a popular place for power walkers and before the sun is fully up you can see them marching up and down the hill with some gusto. After a short warm up I headed out onto the hill, and such a long hill it is (a little shy of 1km I reckon), by my third rep the sun was out and I was hot hot hot so I headed back to the comfort and fans of the house.
As I did not bring my Garmin I am not sure of the total distance but I am going with a conservative estimate of about 5km. I am heading out on the night train this evening so I may not get to run again before returning home but at least I managed one... another overseas run!

2 comments:

  1. Hope to see you soon Liz, I need to get you and Duncs back on the trails soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back to running! Take it easy though, listen to your body, but I'm sure you know all that :-) Enjoy the rest of your hols

    ReplyDelete