Sunday 27 January 2013

The Lazy Bike

Over the last few days I have been forced to make friends with a piece of gym equipment that I would usually turn my nose up at... the recumbent bike. It seems to be the only thing I can do to supplement my swimming in an attempt to keep some level of fitness whilst my back is preventing me from running. 
Yesterday I discovered that listening to podcasts is one way to while away the time on these machines usually favoured by the old, injured or the strangely numerous contingent of 14 years olds that attend my gym one afternoon a week. 
But a strange thing is happening, I am beginning to make friends with this bit of kit, as I work out it supports my back, it gives me a handy place to store my bottle, due to the angle I can happily keep in a comfortable position, and the time just drifts away. 
This said, the sooner I am able to get back to running the better but for now at least I am just grateful not to be completely out of action.

No comments:

Post a Comment