Saturday 26 January 2013

Whiplash Away.... Please

So once again I am forced to makes puns on my injury and as ever Doris Day's ever so cheery voice comes crashing into my unconsciousness mind. 
Last week somebody drove into the back of my car, sending the car to the garage and me to the docs, diagnosed with whiplash I was advised against running for up to 6 weeks until my back has fully recovered. Although if I was lucky I may recover sooner as she said I was pretty fit.... ha, me fit! Who knew that one day a medical professional would describe me as such. 
So now 11 days later, a couple of swims and two sessions on the recumbent bike I am still in discomfort and unable to run but at least I am able to maintain some semblance of fitness. The loss of training time in December (SeeRib Crack Away ) and now this means I will be perhaps 2 months behind training by the time my forthcoming races arrive but what more can I do?
I won't push it too hard, I won't set myself back but I will strive to maintain my fitness and I will continue with my challenges.
As a tip to others using the recumbent bike for extended periods, a great way to pass the time is listening to podcasts, this morning I listened to Richard Herring and Tim Minchin and although I may have generated interest in the gym with my sudden outbursts of laughter it certainly passed the time much quicker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment