Saturday 24 August 2013

A roundabout run to tesco

After several kitchen nightmares on Friday including a 3 tiered meringue disaster (not as pictured... it was worse). So out of eggs and with a strict timeline to adhere to this morning before heading to the annual family day at my aunt's I needed more ingredients but I also wanted to run.

Not having run much (if at all) since the Thunder Run I thought it best to start off of an easier distance, taking in the Tesco express on the way. At about 1.5 miles I hit Tesco but they didn't have what I needed, stoopid little sub standard sized petrol station Tesco this would mean a longer run to the big Tesco!

So under the roundabout I went, through the underpass and emerged victorious at the other side getting across the road without even a pause for traffic (there was none, I have not become some crazed kamikaze runner). 

Saturday morning in a supermarket was not a comfortable place to be mid run and sweating as I navigated the aisles to find my missing, lost or used up ingredients. Soon with them in hand I was on my way again. Homeward bound to complete the cooking. Phew, all went to plan, run done, cooking done but sadly I then got stuck in traffic and was an hour late!

You cannot win them all!


No comments:

Post a Comment