Saturday 26 July 2014

No Thunder Run for me

So for the last three years around this time you have been treated to a long and adventurous journey as I have embarked on the annual Adidas Thunder Run as part of a team which then decreased and decreased leaving me as solo runner last year. 

This year I have planned to go back, hoping for better weather and to beat my solo achievement of last year running 10 laps through thunder, lightening and mud slides. 

This has been my most bitter disappointment that has stemmed from my back injury, wanting so badly to attend the event which has become one my absolute favourites and a yearly staple in my running calendar. There was nothing that could console me as I spent the weekend grumping about..... Adamant that when the entires opening for next year I would be back and I would claim a solo PB.



October 2014: entries opened, filled and closed.
They did so at midnight, it was quite absurd and signing up was a laborious process of being kicked out and trying time and time again to finally be told I was on the waiting list. Yet more disappointment. Then I received an email a couple of weeks later telling me that all names from the waiting list that would have a place did and I had not been successful, we'll this sucks ass. So I am p!ssed and rightly so, mostly at the silly cow who wasn't paying attention and has screwed up running for me for 19months now..... I hope your premium is through the roof and your car is plagued with expensive glitches as this is the worst I can wish upon you.


No comments:

Post a Comment