Saturday 21 February 2015

Running Errands

So the weekend had arrived, I had spent most of yesterday evening baking in preparation for my husbands birthday which meant I didn’t get a chance to hit the gym as planned. Not a biggie I could always go in the morning I thought.  

Well morning arrived and the cake was missing something…. tiny figures of wrestlers! The gym was once again out of the window but another idea struck me…. I could run to the High Street and hopefully get what I needed then catch the bus home.
Quickly I got into my kit, made sure I had some money and my bus pass in my running pack (okay so it’s a bum bag but lets still give it a semblance of cool by associating with running). Off I went on my merry way, the straightforward route would be about 2.5 miles but I wanted to get at least 3 miles despite my kitchen based commitments.
I felt fairly comfortable as I ran so pushed up my pace a little – it did help that I was on a downhill at the time but I managed to maintain a better pace when I emerged onto the flat for the last ¾ mile or so. I reached the High Street, as it was still before 10am the pedestrians were not too think on the ground and I was able to get through and finish my run outside the shop I needed on 3.2 miles.   
I went inside, the sweat starting to poor from me as it does when you stop during a run and quickly homed in on the additions I needed to put the finishing touches on the cake. I saw the bus as I emerged and had a little sprint to catch it – nice to be able to do that again and make it!
Breath caught, body cooling and pleased with my purchase I returned home to complete my WWE Victoria Sponge masterpiece! Happy Birthday Mike!

No comments:

Post a Comment