Thursday 7 May 2015

Run and Vote!

Another pre work run which was much needed as I had completely flaked out yesterday evening and headed to bed at 8:30pm.... but almost 10 hours of sleep later I was ready to run!! 

I decided I would combine the run with my Vote and planned my route to make sure I hit the polling station at the end of the run. It was a lovely bright morning. I ran happily along without looking at my pace along a very familiar route heading towards Chislehurst, down towards the A20 and back up St Pauls Wood Hill. 

The sun was shining and I was heating up but still running well. When I reached the polling station I was aware of how red and sweaty I was but hey at least I was there to make my Vote count. They asked if I had run to the station and quipped they had walked but really quickly that morning!

Vote safely in the ballot box I stepped once more into the sunshine and ran the final half mile home, I was very pleased to see that my natural running pace has returned and now all I need to do is start building up the distance again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment