Tuesday 14 February 2012

Haters got to hate

The easiest thing to do this morning would have been to turn that alarm off, turnover and go straight back to sleep. But we had come so far and today was the last opportunity to run before our return home tomorrow.
Initially I had played with the idea of another circuit of the lake (approx 9 miles) but we opted for a slightly shorter route that included a long downhill and would be closer to 7 miles. A bit more manageable for us.
Both of us were struggling, our legs felt like lead and after about 2 miles we stopped for a good stretch, this loosened up my legs nicely and we continued onwards onto the main road, which I was sure was downhill but running along it felt pretty tough still... about halfway along this busy stretch of road I looked down at my pace and noticed it had crept up a little and my friend was intermittently lagging behind.

Once we had turned off the main road we took a short walking break to give our legs a little more recovery time before getting back into out stride. We passed a house with a never ending supply of dogs which seemed to get bigger as each one rounded the corner to bark at us. Strange however that for all their angry barking and the fence with large dog sized gaps they didn’t come out to chase us at all.
We made it back to the house thoroughly exhausted and I for one was ready for a nap which I promptly had after some food and reading about 2 pages on my book before sleep took over!
Some really great runs over the past few days, it’s always great to run somewhere new and it was good to have company for the long runs even if the person in question did declare that he hated me at the end of the last run!

No comments:

Post a Comment