Thursday 5 April 2012

Grin up North

So after a few days of enforced rest after my PB last Sunday (and none stop work) I finally got out to run on Thursday morning. I was up in the t'north at my pop's house so as is customary I went out with Beau Diddle (very lovely running buddy and canine) to get my legs moving again on the trail at the back of the house. Now this trail is very popular with all the local dog walkers, strangely none of whom are women, all in fact are stereotypical older gents with flat caps and mostly small dogs and yes... whippets! And do you know what, every single one of them without fail had a good morning and a kind word to say... quite odd for me as quite often in the south us runners are snubbed, surprisingly even by other runners. 
Beau was only able to manage her standard 2 miles before she was distracted by the fun smells in the bushes so I returned her to the garden and carried on for a few more miles. My speed was okay but due to the persistent cold that has been trying to take hold I was forced to blow my nose so frequently that I soon gave up on the idea of an eight miler and settled for 5.5miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment