Sunday 15 April 2012

Short and sweet (and a little windy)

An easy 3 miler was on my schedule for today (well yesterday but I switched them around), after a lovely and very rare Sunday lie-in I donned my Nike Free's and headed out for a planned but abnormally short run for me. The pacing was supposed to be 'easy' which according to the plan is about 10 min/mile pace but despite running comfortably, not breathing hard and legs feeling loose I still kept pushing up around the 8:45 min/mile mark. this change a little as I ran straight into a headwind for the middle mile but my pace was still a little fast. As I was comfortable |I decided that maybe this should just be chalked up as a race pace practise as I was pretty much spot on what I hope to do next week. I arrived back, bang on 3 miles and at a 9:04 min/mile pace... so now all I need to do it keep that up for the rest of the 26.2 and I am sailing! ha ha we shall see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment