Tuesday 10 April 2012

Taper Speed

Hmmm, well this all seems somewhat contradictory to be doing a speed session in my taper but I am sticking to the plan and will follow dutifully in the hope that it leads me not only to a marathon B but also a sub-4 marathon. That's it I said it... that's what I want, I can hide it no longer, I want that sub-4. I know I am ready and that I can do this, the long range weather forecast is looking quite favourable so my only problem now could be those over optimistic runners (perhaps in some cases deluded) who will set off fast and stop dead in their tracks directly ahead of me!
So tonight I hit the treadmill, 8 x 400m with 100m walk breaks in between, I set the pace at 7:13 min/mile although it is quite possible that I should have eeked out a little more but thought better of it. As ever the runner either side of me were (male) trying to match my speed not quite sensing that I was doing speed intervals - he didn't do well, and (female) was matching my distance, albeit that hers was in km not miles - what an inspiration I am. With my beetroot and slightly smug face I headed home to commence the pasta fest that would only increase over the next 10 days or so.


No comments:

Post a Comment