Sunday 25 November 2012

Wiltshire Smiles

After a lovely meal out with after staying with friends last night I was the first to wake as is quite usual these days being unable to have a decent lie-in before the urge to run takes over my body and wakes me up.
I departed quickly and quietly at a decent pace, although this soon deteriorated as I reached an incline... oh dear the wine and rich food was not best chuffed I had chosen to disturb it so soon. I soldiered on wishing good morning to the friendly folk of Wiltshire - and when I say friendly they really were. No eye avoidance and looking the other way. Everyone was so friendly, runners, walkers and cyclists alike. Maybe I was a pitiful sight but nevertheless I was pretty pleased with this Sunday morning attitude of the locals. Perhaps this is the difference when living in a village?
Whilst the run was relatively short in length there was plenty of lovely hills, fields and woods to gaze upon so it was a nice way to start my day before a sleep in the car on the way home... well I had been for a run!

No comments:

Post a Comment