Tuesday 27 January 2015

The Early Bird

My first race in goodness knows how long (but certainly over a year) is now less than a week away. I have managed intermittently to train although not stuck to explain fully as the recovery of my back is still top priority. The race is the Winter 10km Run on the closed streets of London, maybe slightly higher profile than my usual race of this distance but I am running with friends and I need a distance that would test my recovery. 

So today's run does still to the plan, I was meant to run 3miles at an easy pace.... Although it should have been yesterday and there should have been a 5 mile run on Saturday too that was replaced with a spin class. for someone who likes planning, organisation and order it is as much a challenge of my injury as is it to deviate from a training plan #listentoyourbody 

Now for the run.... It felt good, it felt really good. Perhaps this was because the first mile was a steady decline but the last few runs have taken me around 2 miles to properly warm up and get comfortable with my pace but this one happened as soon as I stepped out of the door! This is progress, the run continued to feel good, the couple of hilly inclines in the last mile were easier than I had anticipated and I didn't need to walk. 

Let's hope the next one feels just as good as I prepare for Sunday's race. Was it the early start? was it the training? who knows but i guess we'll see soon enough! 

1 comment:

  1. This is so encouraging Liz, keep going, you'll get there.

    ReplyDelete