Friday 17 July 2020

It’s taper time!!

5th June 2020 (forgot to publish!)

Today was a nice walk/run before I move into the two taper before the VR 24 - a virtual 24 running challenge. The original plan had been to go out to Lullingstone and see the lavender fields - usually a very popular spot for families to take cute pics of their little ones nestled in the rows of beautiful purple flowers but somehow my legs were tired and knees were achy so I decided to alter and shorten my route slightly.

I did pass a house with a generous out of lavender growing on the verge out front so I utilised this for my frolicking lavender pic - I was just a bit sweaty rather than in my Sunday best.

My route took me towards a previously unknown path, which I have passed a few times lately but not ventured upon due to the alarm “this is a COVID hotspot” sign

In two weeks the VR24 will be over, I’ll have tested the metal to see what I am capable of in 24hours... I'm just grateful that I found two willing participants to join me on my latest quest!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment