Saturday 20 May 2017

A Great (Houghton) North Run

For those that think its grim up north, well you are wrong! I awoke to beautiful blue skies and the sun beaming overead. It was the weekend we were to celebrate my Dad's birthday so we had all headed to t'north. 

I knew the day would have more than a little tipple involved so my plan was to get up and run before the masses awoke and get a run under my belt. Behind my dad's house there is a path that runs adjacent to open countryside, filled with friendly dog walkers... "'eh up love", "keep going duck". 

I did a nice flat,out and back route along the path concentrating once again on my gait and foot placement. My pace was comfortable and a little faster than I had been of later - perhaps due to the lack of hills. 

Returning along the path I could see the bar my Dad built and was looking forward to enjoying the rest of the day with the family and having a slight smugness that I had managed a run before most of them had got up for the day. 

It was 3.6 miles so still not a huge distance and I didn't feel quite ready to up the distance much further yet, but maybe the old (running) Liz is coming back!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment