Tuesday 6 March 2012

More cake than run tonight

On my way home from work today, I was torn... I just wanted to go home and eat some of the yummy delicious biscuit cake I had made yesterday evening but I also wanted to get out for a run with the club.
It was so early though, I was not confident of being able to stay away from the cake for 2 hours whilst I awaited the club meeting time.... decision made, I would run straight away, albeit alone, but then I would be able to relax for a while before bed.
5 miles later, including 3 miles at a tempo pace sandwiched between a warm up/cool down mile I arrived back home ready for my cake. The air was fresh and cool, good for running at a faster pace as I didn't overheat which I am prone to do. 
I put the dinner on whilst I had a quick shower and got in my PJ's, after eating I was trapped beneath a very happy purring Guinness, quite perturbed as I didn't want to shift him from my lap when he was so comfortable but also wanted the cake I have been dreaming about all day. Soon enough he became distracted and I grabbed my moment, cuppa tea and a big slice of cake. Lovely! 

2 comments:

  1. You have been dreaming cake all day????? Half of Facebook have been dreaming of your cake all day :-)

    ReplyDelete