Friday 23 March 2012

Double Whammy

Don't worry that my training is failing due to the lack of posts over the last week, I have been busy and also cross training but not run any good distance for a week. 
Since my amazing track session last week I have spent 2 days on a caching course (this included practicals so not just sitting around), a bike ride and a Pilates class so I am certainly still active. It was playing on my mind a little though so I decided to break up my runs today into 2 or possibly 3 shorter runs.
Run 1 - I tackled this one solo and took a nice loop around Scadbury without my stats screen on my garmin so I was just running as the mood took me. Sadly the mood took my to trip directly into the path of a large tree root that very nearly sent me sprawling... luckily I was able to stagger swagger style it out and managed not to land flat on my face. I think had someone been with me I might have been considerably more pathetic! I got back home having done just over 4.5miles at a decent pace and with some hilly sections so I was more than happy with this.
Run 2 - as the afternoon progressed and work was coming to a close, I started getting the itch to run again. I texted a local running buddy and luckily he was just about to head out for a little run so we met up. An unexpected visit to the pub toilets after about 2 miles may have put pay to my running but luckily I made it out alive with an entire pub staring at me, pah! I was too sweaty and my stomach in too much turmoil to care. I recovered quickly and we continued in and around the woods on this beautiful sunny day for another couple of miles. Arriving back home I saw that I had done over 10miles for both runs which surprised me and made me feel much better about not running all week despite the cross-training.

No comments:

Post a Comment