Saturday 5 May 2012

Towpaths and puddleducks

 
Run number 2 post marathon and my legs are feeling good, a slow start - probably down to hitting the tiles last night but as I was staying near my old running haunt along the Maidstone canal towpath it seemed almost rude not to take myself out and stretch my legs for a while. Off I went past a group of Saturday morning personal trainees jumping up and down, past dog walkers a plenty and down to the river where I could run alongside the rowers and the ducks. The morning was cool and a little drizzly but this is just fine by me and good for running as I am able to keep a little cooler. On my return I passed the trainees again who were demonstrating some very poor planks but I didn’t like to get involved as the trainer seemed to be satisfied (they would not have got away with that on my watch!!)
Possible the best thing about this route on 'the morning after' is that it is pretty much flat which meant a lovely leisurely trot a nice comfortable pace. I arrived back at the hotel a little hot and bothered and went about my day feeling all the better and ever so slightly smug for getting out for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment