Tuesday 8 May 2012

Clubbin' it

Only the third run back after the marathon and also back at the club tonight too, I decided to stick with group 3 for a good steady pace, lots of chatting and taking it easy on my legs for at least another few runs. Mark was leading the group and wanted a volunteer to sweep so I gladly put myself forward for the task. Having not been out on  Tuesday with the club for a few weeks there were yet more new faces as the membership continues to grow and I found myself chatting to some fairly familiar faces and some completely new run buddies. Before long we were heading upwards and back towards out start point, I detoured off with one of our runners to take a slightly shortened route back. There are some run whatever your best intentions or however strong you might be feeling when one part of you just won't play the game. Tonight for the girl I was running with, it was her legs, they felt leaden and heavy. We've all been there so I was more than happy to accompany her back to the meet point as we chatted and last mile was soon a memory left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment