Thursday 3 May 2012

Marathon +1

I am sure you have all been missing my updates since the marathon and probably quite horrified to keep seeing the picture of my nasty toe each time you visit the Fibre Runners home page. Well be happy in the knowledge that I am running again and my toes are all perfectly normal again!

So post marathon I have been so careful not to make the mistake made by many including myself two years ago and starting to run again too soon. So after 10 days off running completely, some gentle cross training in the pool and on the bike at the gym over the last few days, today I finally pulled on my Nike Free's and hit the pavement...
That first half mile I was slow, my legs felt heavy, my calves ached a litte but soon enough I had hit a mile and my pace was steady (although easy) I was feeling good and pretty comfortable. I kept to the roads for the first 2 miles and then went off road through Scadbury to make sure I kept the run under 4 miles. There seemed to be some sort of military drills fgoing on round the horses fields as one man came hurtling towards me, as I reached the gate I saw another man doing press-ups and a third shouting, Nick I coming to get you are he proceeded to sprint towards the the press-up fella (Nick presumably).
It was a cool and drizzly morning but it felt great to be back out again and running. No niggles as yet and I think I did the right thing holding off for a little longer after the marathon to be on the safe side, now I just need to steer clear of signing up for races taking place in the next month at least! (we'll see how well that goes as I have already signed up to both a swimming and a cylcing event - but importantly not running!)

No comments:

Post a Comment