Tuesday 9 July 2013

PWR Beginners Group - Week 2 (Summer 2013)

As the summer sun finally reaches us, many people are starting to think about their beach bodies and also running out of the excuses to not go out and start running! The beginners group caters for complete novices, those returning to running and many levels in between. The numbers were at 23 this week, almost double week one, it just goes to show how easily people can use a bit of drizzle to avoid going out!! 
I used to be just the same, the change will become apparent though in weeks to come, as they build in stamina and confidence that a little bit of rain will mean nothing to them and they won't think twice about heading out in a cool summer shower.
For now, I would just say I am very impressed with the beginners, plenty of willing minds ready to start their running journey. I hope they get as much out of it as I do and that I can, along with the other coaches, help them to discover the running that I know and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment