Tuesday 24 July 2012

Do I qualify for a taper?

Now into the 2nd week of the new beginners running group and still at 33 newbies (although I think a few of the faces have changed). I arrived ready for the warm-up, the weather was very warm indeed and I think we even lost a few as they felt it was too hot to run! The session had progressed this week to 4 mins wlaking and 2 mins jogging and the group all seemed to find their own pace the the field spread out to encompass the recreation ground. for about the first hal we were subject to whoops and hollers form the lcoal teens in the park. Funny this is only two days into the school holidays and they hear a whistle and they want to react... I could hear them challeneging each other to different distances each time the whistle blew - now whoever said kids of today are lazy!
The session ended and I joined up in Group 3 with the rest of the Thunder Run team (Mike, Emma, Karien) as we started to talk logistics and tactics for the weekend. Then cam the question of a taper... did I qualitfy, did any of us? although the distance we will cover will be around if not more than the distance of a marathon it isn;t all in one go and the event is not the sort we will be racing hard but more about endurnace... hmmm did my recent mileage qualify for a taper this week. I think If I am honest it does not, I am prepared and excited I have done multiple runs on one day but maybe not quite the mileage I had hoped for so maybe I will have a little leg freshening run on Thursday and then rest for the big day on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment