Monday 23 July 2012

Work communte (this time my own)

After running with Kate on her work commute last week I thought why the hey not, if I can run to someone else's work, I can certainly run to my own and that is exactly what I did. I packed light having sometime ago stocked up my work draw with wash bag and towels (Plus emergency work clothing) and headed out into a lovely sunny morning.
Trotting happily along I noticed once again the strange running style inflicted on those running with a back back as my arms flailed in my shadow. I made it up to the top of Summer Hill, a nice little achivement as I don't often run that way anymore and kept going along towards Bromley. Soon enough I was getting work work, hot, sweaty but happy and satisfied with my achievement. I cooled off a little before taking a shower and proceeding with my day.
The return home was not so smooth, the temp had soared to around 28 degrees and the sun was blazing down on me making me very hot indeed. My back pack, perfectly comforatble this morning was now hurting a little and it felt as though my shoulders were bruised - not pleasant at all. A few times I needed to slow to a walk in this incredible heat - I don't know how people who run in this heat all the time do it. By the time I had reached home I had only run 1 of the 4 mile route which was better than I thought so I rewarded myself with a mini twister and then set about reaxing for the evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment