Tuesday 17 July 2012

seems like a good idea

Why oh why do I choose to run to club... this is all well and good but I never want to run home again afterwards and certainly not after a beginners group, followed by a group run meaning I would have been on my feet for something like two and a half hours before I even start for home. Silly silly sillly Liz!
On the plus side, this was the first week of the new beginners group, and what a group it was... 33 participants rocked up to try out their legs and they all did great. Many had come from recommendation from our first batch of completer's and a couple were coming back after not managing the whole course last time but so encouraging to see all their eager faces as we began with our first session.
As we bid farewell to the beginners it was time for group runs and it was great to see some of the aforementioned completer's joining the club to run further than they had before. I went out with group 3 but the run was not easy as we negotiated the mud and roots in the woods taking in a practise run of the mob match route. On arrival back at HQ I waited to see how my beginners had got on, I spotted Allan come sprinting across the field at the end utterly thrilled with himself, really makes me proud.

1 comment:

  1. I was astounded when I saw so many people in the new group...amazing, well done Liz

    ReplyDelete