Saturday 26 September 2015

Parkrun Tourism: Worcester Woods Country Park

It was the weekend of the worldwide netball reunion, with the Australian contingent in attendance. As is usual on these gatherings I suggested a trip to the local Parkrun on the Saturday morning and Team Meakin took the bait.

Hubby was roped in as chief supporter and childcare for our God-daughter whilst myself, Kate and Paddy partook in a little Parkrun tourism. 


The sun was shining and the course was a lovely couple of laps through some shaded woods, Paddy was off ahead of us and myself and Kate opted for the run and chat option to get us round. I was pleased to find that the distraction of chatting stopped me worrying about the baby bladder dance and I was able to keep going until about 17 minutes when we had a short walk break.

As we approached the finish line we saw the husbands and Mollie cheering us on and finished in a time of 35:05 which I am pretty happy with as I am running for two, with my very good friend on such a beautiful morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment