Saturday 5 November 2011

Lucky Number 7

This morning I was back at the Petts Wood Runners beginners running group, after being volunteered to lead one of the groups in their first outings from Willet Rec into the roads of Petts Wood I decided to arrive early to test out my route.... tasking with a 2.5 miles route to lead I measured this perfectly taking in some gradual inclines, flats and a couple of good downhills.
Just before 9am the runners began to assemble, ready for the group warm up and dynamic stretching led by Emma and Richard. Then we spilt into 3 smaller groups to walk 1min, run 9 mins (and repeat). I was paired with Mike R to take out a group and off we went.. but much to my dismay not on the planned route I had tested this morning! Instead we headed towards Jubilee Park over the railway bridge with the 1 minute walking coming a just the right time for most so we could walk over the bridge without disrupting our plan. The runners are progressing really well, now 7 weeks into the plan and with only one more training week before the 5k parkrun to end the course. I look forward to seeing them all achieve their first 5km run.

No comments:

Post a Comment