Sunday 20 November 2011

John Travolta and the magic toadstools

Saturday morning and I went with my Mum to walk/run a route a route for her walking group next Saturday. The car park we had planned to start from was blocked off so we went to Saint Hill Manor. As we parked up I was reliably informed that this was the HQ for Scientology and that everyone was welcome - oh good but at least it was free parking. we set off on the circular route and before long my Mum shared with me a recent celebrity based local happening. So it goes, one of John Travolta's peoplel from the Scientolgy HQ called up KFC and tried to reserve a table for him and some friends as he was away on a conference/event and fancied some finger lickin' goodness. Not even dubious that this could be a crank call, the Colonels finest told them that they would have to queue up like everyone else as they don't book tables, whoever they are! so it seems that JT and his crew went to a cafe up the road - it is unclear whether he ordered the chicken. 
The next part of the run was slightly less celebrity based and a bit more magic toadstool like. It seems that all sorts of wild mushrooms and toadstools were popping up all along this lovely, trail based run. The most spectacular finding was a cluster of red toadstools, they almost didn't look real but they most certainly were. Bounding through the woods, toadstools everywhere, when a horse trotted over to us I almost expected it to start talking to me... instead it saw that I had no food for it and made a swift exit!

No comments:

Post a Comment