Tuesday 8 November 2011

Keeping regular

For the first time in almost a month (for a variety of reasons) I made it back out with Petts Wood Runners tonight, and so glad I did, it was definitely what I needed. Whilst I have been out and about running in the meantime, Tuesday have just been a bit tricky of late.
Arriving early - I was pessimistic about the bridge closure and allowed far too much time for the alternate route - I had a little time for my recruitment drive for next years Thunder Run 24 hour relay. There is now a team of 5 from Petts Wood and I will get the entry off this week. The event isn't until next Summer but I am pretty excited already!
I was unsure whether to drop down a group after my poor run on Sunday but I decided to stick with my regular group and was glad I did. About half way through I dropped to the rear to catch up with the sweep and a couple of others. having a lovely chatter - mostly myself and Chris T - we trotted away the miles without really noticing them as they clocked up. I did feel sorry for one point for Ruth, sandwiched between two chatty northerners for so long, but it must have kept her going if only to get to the end and away from our incessant jibber jabber!
Great run tonight and I must try and make sure to get along more often on a Tuesday night, it really is good to run with the club and have a natter.

No comments:

Post a Comment