Saturday 14 January 2012

Just do it... frosty freestyle

Today I am a brand wh*re and its all about Nike. It was my first run in my new Nike Free's and it was like putting on slippers not trainers. I just love them, they look good, they feel good, you put them on and just do it... amazing!
My original route plan was a lollipop route along the roads but on such a frosty yet crisp and glorious morning I couldn't resist the draw of the woods. The frosty trees, the crunch of the leaves beneath my feet... perfect. If all runs were like this everyone would be doing it!
On the return the frost in the trees was melting thanks to the bright sun overhead and I felt a few drops fall on my head. The sunlight beaming through the woods is just a really welcoming site when out for a run... there was a part of me that wanted to carry on and do my long run on such a lovely day but I decided to save it for tomorrow as planned.
I did 4 miles and my feet feel good, my legs feel good, there is no soreness from the change in support to a minimalist transition shoe... long may this continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment