Sunday 1 January 2012

Start as I mean to go on

I was still lying in bed 20 minutes before the PWR New Years Day run debating whether to get up and go or not. On the one hand, I had run 11 miles yesterday, on the other, I haven't missed a New Years Day run since I started running. Up I hopped, threw on the nearest kit and leapt into the car.
There were around 20 of us out this morning - so we split into two groups going at slightly varying hangover pace. A very muddy trot through Petts Wood and Scadbury before heading back to base an hour later... with less than a mile to go a naughty and clearly super keen trail runner bounded past us, pushing us of the track and into the bushes (where Sonja suffered cuts and scrapes) whilst aggressively splattering us with plenty of mud - I'm guessing his New Year was not all he had hoped for!
The run was followed by Karen's cake and we wall headed off.
A good way to start the New Year and kick start the marathon training regime. 
Happy New Year to everyone, thanks for reading x

No comments:

Post a Comment