Thursday 5 January 2012

Spin when you're minging

After weeks of missing spin (the three week of multiple illnesses you may recall), and then bailing over the Christmas period in favour of spending time with family members I made my almost triumphant return last night at the walnuts leisure centre. Our instructor looked as if Christmas has passed by her svelte figure without so much as a single Christmas tree choccy taking hold!
Looking around the spin room I see some familiar faces, I’m sure many of which have stuck with the class more regularly than I am able, a mother and daughter, the girl who never changes the resistance, the man who is a little too friendly for my liking and me, the sweaty returner with the drips of sweat forming an uncomfortably large puddle on the laminate beneath my bike!
It always amazes me how some people get can through an entire spin class without so much as one bead of sweat forming on their brow, whereas I almost immediately change to a beetroot shade and soak my clothes profusely within minutes of the start. At least I get to look like I worked out, but I do find myself asking the question, made famous in Big Brother 3 by Jade Goody, “am I minging?”.

2 comments:

  1. he he, but it does make you feel better, when you see a puffy, red, sweaty face peering back at ya, when you look into to the mirror, just as you were thinking "why!" Why indeed, because.....we can, thank goodness!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this Liz that did make me chuckle, I remember when I was returning to fitness after my suspected foot break and went to the gym to cycle for one hour. The floor beneath the bike was awash with sweat such that I felt as though I should mop it up with my towel... the towel was never quite the same after.

    ReplyDelete