Wednesday 18 January 2012

Taking on my nemesis... and winning

So after missing the last two Tuesdays with Petts Wood Runners I finally made it out with them last night. Back to my regular group (previously 3 but now 4 since we have added in extra groups) I flitted comfortable around the middle of the pack catching up with a few faces I haven't seen for a while and some that I had. The pace of the group was above advertised which for the most part was fine for me but the field was spreading out towards the rear. The distance was also a little further than planned due to a couple of wrong turns but I was not disappointed with this as I needed a really good run tonight and it was good to run a few roads I barely new existed. 
Towards the home stretch we approached my nemesis - Southborough Lane - a long slow incline that lasts for about 1.5miles but tonight me and Emma G stuck together and stuck on pace catching up with others in the group the further we went. The track training is paying off as my pace usually drops massively on this hill but last night we flew it! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment