Friday 17 August 2012

Run Team Meakin

Team Meakin looking sharp!
As we drove North for the netball wedding of the year we had a stop off at the Meakin residence in Nottingham. At around 6pm I had a call from Mrs and she stated that they were no longer waiting but would go for a run and eat when we arrived as we would all be starving... I was quite bossy in my response (traffic will do that to me... for the first hout we managed 12 miles).

I demanded that they wait for me as they would have to anyway as I would need to run before dinner. Then in my guilt I text and retracted my instructions and told them to proceed with their run. As if to make matters worse there become more and more traffic and I became more and more guilty.

Upon arrival, hubby went for a nap and I quickly changed so as not to hold up the Meakin's any longer than I had already. This was supported with many apologies and a promise to run the distance and pace they wanted to and off we headed down towards the river and trent bridge.

A pleasant 4 miles later all was forgiven as we arrived back at the house and streched before a very yummy dinner followed by an equally lovely dessert! Thanks for waiting for me Team Meakin x

No comments:

Post a Comment