Tuesday 23 August 2011

Banana centrefold

I arrived home yesterday to find the delivery I had been waiting for ever since competing in the TR24... the new issue of Womens Running magazine. Immediately I ripped of the plastic covering and scanned the contents page... there is was in the new trail running section, the story of the Thunder Run 24 event 2011.
Ronnie Haydon, speedy/competitive/supportive/journalist team member did us all proud with her review of the event under the title '24 hour party people'. I was pleased to have a solo - despite one of the men's running team lurking in the background - picture of me demonstrating the importance of staying hydrated, drinking what was to be the first protein shake I have ever had (banana flavoured For Goodness Shakes), tasted just like Nesquick, yum! 
If you get the chance check out page 56 of the September issue and there you will find my story....
Now'll I'll ask again, who wants to be on my team next year? I reckon a team of 5 would be a good step up for me, who's in?

2 comments:

  1. Banana Milkshakes....my favourite ultra distance drink. Fructose/Sucrose mix is a fantastic recovery blend of sugar types.
    BTW I still think you should do a pair run on the Lightning Run and you could go ultra by doing 6 laps each >:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. know anyone looking for a partner? I'd give pairs a go

    ReplyDelete