Thursday 18 August 2011

Walnut taster

I woke up knowing I would run today although not sure at what point. As the day progressed I started to get a strange feeling that I wouldn't be able to run once I tried... odd but not uncommon for me if I have a few days off exercise.
As a safety net I decided to go kill two birds with one stone and try out my new gym, The Walnuts in Orpington (and treadmill - in case my knee wasn't ready).
Nice little warm up on the cross-trainer and although I could feel the bruise down my shin throbbing my knee seemed untroubled.
Hitting the treadmill, I was delighted to find that not only did it have the option of mph (not just kph like my old gym - simple pleasures) but it had a little track on the screen so I could pretend I was actually doing my intervals on a real track...
After a warm up I completed 12 x 200m sprints with 100m walk recoveries and was relieved to find my knee not complaining so feeling much better about the race on Saturday, phew!
I rounded things of with 20 minutes on the bike before heading home and treating myself to a bit of Soreen on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment