Saturday 27 August 2011

Happy Anniversary Bromley Parkrun (and the metronome returns!)

With my running kit and my barcode laid out last night I woke and jumped straight into action preparing the 2nd anniversary of Bromley Parkrun (weekly timed 5km event).
A little bonus before I left was that I finally located my running sunnies... sadly I later discovered they were broken and need replacing, oh well an afternoon on ebay trying to find them again!
The anniversary run was held in reverse, usually good for a pb as it seems slightly faster this way around but after last weeks 10k pb (and the excesses of a wedding this week) I wasn't ready to push it all out again for a pb. At about 2 miles in I had a little chat to PWR Rob White who while taking it easy promptly left me in his dust!
I ran well and comfortably coming in just over 25 minutes with very even splits (the metronome returns!), very acceptable to me! 
Enjoyed the usual cuppa, cake and chat afterwards allowing me to have a little catch up with PWR's as I haven't made it to the club in a while, I have promised Team captain Mark though so I'll be back out in the streets of Petts Wood on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment