Sunday 14 August 2011

wow you're fast, I'm going to tell my teacher

So, I have been playing with the idea of starting a blog for a while. If only so that instead of boring my husband with tales of running I have an outlet to let rip the little gems when you are out and about running.


Yesterday evening a lovely thing happened and it was the stuff I think blogs should be made of, a little heart-warming tale of a little girl who made my day!


So there I was finishing up a short tempo run, sweating profusely as the humidity got to me and I heard some lieelt girls playing on the other side of the street, then I noticed that one of the girls had left the others behind and started to run along matching my pace...


In my head I was wondering if a little girl of about 6 with no shoes could really be faster than me (answer is probably yes after being whooped many times at Parkrun by youngsters).


The little girl soon cried out to me "I see you running everywhere around here"
So through my panting I responded with the few words I could manage " I run a lot" and started to wonder what would come next and would she overtake me.
I could see her slowing and she yelled out " wow you're fast, I'm going to tell my teacher" and as she had to slow "Bye" with a big wave.
I returned the wave and said goodbye.


What a lovely way to end a run!


As one of my friends then pointed out when regaling the story, children are brutally honest so I should take this as a massive compliment... and I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment