Tuesday 6 September 2011

Good things come to those who wait

Working flexible hours is great albeit a little strange, in the past on a Tuesday evening I have rushed home, changed and rushed out again to get to the PWR meeting point before group runs start. This evening I was faced with another dilemma, home before 5pm I have at least 3 hours to wait until run time.... if not for the torrential rain I might have been tempted to run alone and early.
Instead I did the unusual and ate my dinner (leftovers) before running, 3 hours seemed sufficient and I was later proven right when I wasn't struck down with an agonising stitch. I then watched a movie and chilled out with Guinness (my cat) on my lap for a while. till plenty of time to go..... I filled the kettle and put a teabag in a cup next to it to save time later... still waiting.... got changed..... waiting.....finally I could leave!
I had earlier decided I would run with Group 2 tonight, it was definitely the right decision, it was great to run with some new faces. Richard was leading the group and took us on a simple circular route, at just over 2 miles we through ourselves full throttle into intervals for the next mile before steadying out pace for a long slog up hill.
When I returned to base I was thoroughly happy to have waited and come out with the group, supporting each other and providing or receiving encouragement is something that is much harder when running solo.
For fear of looking like a curb crawler in my car on the way home, I leaned out of the window and I shouted to Johnny Gill who promptly hopped in my car for a lift back up the hill. Very impressed with my recent 10k time, Johnny set to work persuading me to move up to Group 4... I agreed to give it a go in a couple of weeks so watch this space (or keep a space free in the ambulance bay).



No comments:

Post a Comment