Saturday 3 September 2011

Kite Runner Memorial Run


When I was little I grew up in t'north but we would regularly come down south to visit our relatives, my Grandparents lived on Avery Hill Road and I have very fond memories of visiting Avery Hill Park with them when I was very young. We spent many hours flying kites - I remember my brother getting a very fantastic rainbow coloured kite with a long tail and spending what felt like the longest time in the world waiting for my turn to have a go!
Some time ago when this parkrun began, myself and my mum (both runners) decided that we would both run it. It has taken a while but finally today was the day and we arrived in plenty of time. The number of runners was smaller than my regular parkrun event (Bromley) but equally as friendly and welcoming to newbies. Although one thing I don't understand... why not call the event Eltham Parkrun (not Greenwich?)????

What a nice day with fond memories, running with my mum and what a nice email to come home to...
"Greenwich results for event #76. Your time was 24:37. Congratulations on completing your 12th parkrun and your 1st at Greenwich today. You finished in 19th place and were the 2nd lady out of a field of 63 parkrunners and you came 1st in your age category SW30-34."


No comments:

Post a Comment