Tuesday 13 September 2011

"you can't put in what God left out"

Today I heard somebody made the above statement. I have to admit it made me giggle, then it got me to thinking - firstly about those that are certainly lacking in some very basic areas like common sense, then secondly about running.
Naturally some people are more gifted runners than others whether this is down to genetics or training but its there a limit for all of us?
Does is matter how hard we train, if there is a ceiling to our ability?
Well of course it does, even if we have a limit to our natural ability it doesn't mean that we have reached it and how would we ever know unless we tried and kept on trying. I continue to set myself many goals and targets based around my running and what I want to achieve; get faster, lose weight, tone up, get a pb, try a new race.
Maybe God put that competitive edge in me to make me keep pushing, maybe he didn't - and as I always suspected it comes from having a big brother - but I will never be told what my limits are, I will always strive to burst through them and continually amaze myself.

p.s. my toe is still swollen and sore but not as bad as yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment