Tuesday 5 June 2012

#juneathon Day 5: Jubilee weekend round-up

What a weekend, a four day weekend is clearly the way forward. The recipe for success seems to be 3 days of activities, visiting family and friends, followed by one day of rest and relaxation rounded off with a lovely run. Now if only all weekends were four days I think we would all be much happier!
As planned, week 4 of the beginners group went ahead this week, runners turning up were low as expected, maybe due to the rain and maybe due to other Jubilee based activities but myself and fellow coach Mike were very pleased that it wasn't a complete washout despite the rain and those runners that did come along had a great opportunity for some 1:1 coaching!
During the session, rain had eased to a drizzle and then finally subsided by the time we were stretching and PWRs were gathering ready for group runs to begin. As with previous weeks I was umming and ahhing whether to head home or stay out for a group run. I decided on the latter. Numbers were low this evening and I went with group 3 in an all ladies group with only 4 of us. We trotted along very happily and at a comfortable pace, after some fairly uncomfortable runs of late I was really pleased I had steeled myself to go out with the club as I really enjoyed myself. Nice run to round out the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment