Wednesday 20 June 2012

#juneathon Day 20: Duck Soup

Round 1:

Another double whammy for me again today, I started at the Walnuts Lesiure Centre for a 6:45am spin class....eeek! It was awesome though and perhaps one of the best ways to wake you up and set you up for the day. Usually I do an evening spin class but this seemed like a good idea and indeed it was. Lets just see how long I can keep it up for.

Round 2:

My next round of exercise was prompted by the glorious sunshine and I decided to head off to Leybourne Lakes this evening and do a little open water swimming - the first one since the Great British Gas Swim.
Sticking with my fowl theme of the last few days it seem almost perfect that the lake was filled with geese and other waterfowl. the little geese I met about 6 weeks ago were now getting big but still delightful to watch and swim amongst.
So clad in my wetsuit it took a while to loosen my arms up and I swam a loop of about half the lake and headed back to the jetty to de-robe and double dip in just a cossie, well the water was warm, the sun still out and it was lovely. Activity on the bank was increasing throughout my swim as a group of athleets were preparing for a Triathlon - I declined staying to watch in case I somehow ended up signing uopi to the next one. So easily talked into things!

No comments:

Post a Comment