Saturday 16 June 2012

#juneathon Day 16: Shakin' it!

So after my failure to book body pump last night I arrived early at the gym on the off chance there had been some cancellations. I was in luck... or maybe not so lucky as now I ha two classes to complete back to back.... hmmmm!
When I thought about it I realised that I had probably not been to pump for about 2 months so this was not going to be easy. I dropped myself back down to my starter weights and was doing okay... after 45 minutes of the class with another fifteen to go my legs were burning and my arms were shaking but I held on and kept going. It was not easy by any stretch but the instructor kept an eye on me and my technique so lets hope the only aches I have tomorrow are legit ones.
I packed away my kit and quickly scooted through to the spin room where I had already prepped my bike and put out my spin shoes. I slipped then on and straight into my next class I went thankful that it is 45 mins and not a full hour. by 35 mins I was counting down the seconds I think. At one point during a legs only section at super slow speed I managed to come to a stand still and couldn't get the wheels turning again for a short while, oh the shame I was completely stuck with my legs screaming for mercy. Note to self, two classes are fine but try and at least have a short break in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment