Tuesday 12 June 2012

#juneathon Day 12: Hole in the Road

Rain Rain Go Away.. but try not to take the road away. I was more than apprehensive as I drive to work this morning, hearing on the radio how 2 months of rain had fallen in 36 hours or something equally absurd and slightly scary sounding. Then in the distance I saw a bin in the road, as I drew closer it turns out there was also a small cone a few feet away, between this cone and bin the middle of the road had collapsed (admittedly the image I have selected is slightly dramatic compared to what I actually saw). I skirted the hole in the road - ah the memories, 'hole in the road' in Sheffield as seen at the beginning of The Full Monty - and continued to work wondering what hazards I may face next and would my beginners group go ahead later this evening.
Sheffield 
The rain eased up as the day went on and my hopes rose, probably like the rivers (too easy), arriving for the beginners group my willing participants trickled (see, did it again... water pun!) in ready to get running. Tonight's session was 2 ins job / 4 mins jog and repeat 5 times. We ventured out of the rec for the first time and into the streets, they all did great! Lovely to see how far everyone has come in only 5 weeks, soon they will be zooming past me on a club night I am sure.
After the group I stayed on to run with the club, sticking with group 3 I was able to chat and catch up as ever with my fellow runners and had a thoroughly enjoyable run with near perfect running weather cool, bright and definitely no rain! 

No comments:

Post a Comment