Sunday 17 June 2012

#juneathon Day 17: Life's a Breeze

Adverts, posters, TV, radio if you haven't heard of Skyride then you must live in a box! 
I have seen this sky sponsored initiative to get everyone out and cycling so many times I thought I would check out the website and she what's occurring. As I am now trying to get a little more confident on my bike and also more capable of slightly longer distances this seemed like a good way to get me out and about. I found a group for women only heading out at 7.30am every Sunday morning, it sounded just right, about 15-20 miles at an average pace that fitted nicely with what I have been doing so I signed up a week ago. Up early I bundled my bike into the car and headed to the meet point (really I should have cycled there but this would have added 5miles at the beginning and end and who knew how well I would cope!). There was the group leader Gill (who maintains she is not a real cyclist - I beg to differ) and two other like minded ladies looking to get out with some company. It was just fantastic, great weather, good company, no macho competition when powering up the hills of which there were several and then a lovely cuppa at a cafe in the park when we got back. Superb way to start a Sunday and all done by 10:30am so I have the rest of the day do to with as I wished.

No comments:

Post a Comment