Friday 14 October 2011

Sweaty Betty: Like Father like Daughter

Every so often running on the treadmill seems like a brilliant idea, which gnerally it can be if only I wasn't so used to running outdoors with a nice natural breeze. Running inside just makes me sweat!
The treadmill is fantastic for pacing yourself, for speed work and interval training but can become a little boring if you are just running so my limit (newly set this morning) is 5 miles.
The first half was easier as I had someone on the treadmill next to me which made me not want to give up as the sweat dripped into my eyes - where does it all come from?
During a previous gym session my Mum looked over at me and stated very matter of factly that 'all this sweating doesn't come from her'! So looks like my Dad may be to blame for my sweaty disposition... this makes sense as generally eating a hot meal can set off a dampening of his brow. Or perhaps its just that we both work really hard... maybe?

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean, I went to West Wickham gym some time ago and spent an hour on the bike. By the end of the hour there was a pool of water from the amount of sweat that had been dripping off me

    ReplyDelete